Manatee County Sheriff’s Office honors Deputies of the Year
Salutes to Lieutenant Sean FeltonAnd Deputies Hugo Garcia, Monica RuizAnd Logan Wilson, the Manatee County Sheriff’s Office Deputies of the YearFor 2021.
Responding to a fire in October last year, they teamed together to rescue a man. Despite heavy smoke from a duplex, they continued to be with him until EMS arrived.
Well done, fleet technician Christopher Underwood, theMCSO Staff of the YearFor 2021. Deputies riding MCSO motorcycles can safely activate body-worn cameras.
• Patty ParkerSaturday was 70 years old
• And Walt BoydHit the Big 5-0!
• Welcome to Dr. R. Lee Biggs, Blake Medical Center’s new chief medical officer.
Most recently, the Asheville, N.C. native was theBiggs, a 26-year-old veteran and Navy captain, is the Chief Medical Officer at Trident Health in Charleston. ofHe was deployed in Afghanistan, Guam, and Italy. He was also presented with the Department ofDefense Patient Safety Award for advancements in obstetrical care and team-centered care in 2010.
The North Carolina State alum earned a master’s in public health from George Washington University and his medical degree from the Philadelphia College ofOsteopathic Medicine.
Biggs and Marie, his wife, have a son Sean and a daughter Laura.
• ManateeHigh Mya JohnsonIs 15.
• Logan Wells He has taken on a new role as assistant coach at Eckerd College in baseball. He’s working with recruiting and player development for theTritons, one of11 NCAA Division II Programs in theCompetitive Sunshine State Conference
Wells, who was a former Palmetto Tiger and played at Hillsboro Community College. He will remain co-owner. ofFirst Round Training with an ex-major leaguer Lastings Milledge.
He and his wife AshleyHave a son Gavin.
• Aaron ReecherIt is 43.
• And Arianna Denison22.
• Well done to Lakewood Ranch High’s Khushi TalluruThe winner of the Saramana Sons of theAmerican Revolution Freedom Essay contest the $10,000 prize. Palmetto High’s Taylor Vegas and Southeast’s Jonathan Xavioer were among the finalists.
• Speaking ofSoutheast Senior Ronan BrayA new vice-president has been appointed the Florida Technology Student Association’s board of directors, joining Southeast junior Andrew Krwkyo, theTreasurer FLTSA
• That’s 53 years ofYou can have your blissful union. PeggyAnd Frank Coon.
• And 24 for SharonAnd Brad Scarbrough.
Vin’s People runs Sundays. Vin Mannix can be reached at [email protected] or by calling 941-962-5944. Twitter: @vinmannix.